Thursday, September 27, 2018

Rainy Fall...So Far

I woke up in the early hours of the morning and it was raining once again.  I fell back to sleep and then almost overslept for school time...but didn't.  We had a good morning of school.  This is the day that the little boys look forward to.  They get to have some extra time playing Osmo.  Joseph calls it his "Osmo Day."  He was very glad the other day when I was sick that it wasn't "Osmo Day!"  At some point when one of the children came in to read, Peaches followed them in and came in to take a bath and dry off.  She slept for most of the rest morning in one chair or another and then came in and plopped on the guest bed when Isaac was sewing during his long time.  Esther came and got Peaches when it was time for her lunch.  By that time it was raining again...not sure, but I think that Peaches would have rather had a place to stay dry and nap or lunch!

Woody missed out on his time to walk due to the rain and both baseball games were cancelled this evening due to the wet fields.  I had a pretty lazy afternoon while it rained once again.  I read a good portion of the afternoon...that is if I wasn't dozing!  I'm trying to finish a book that is due on Saturday so Woody can take it back to the library when he makes his weekly trip to the library.

Woody went out to check the rain gauge twice to see how much rain we got since the last time when it registered 4 inches.  This time not quite as much...only 3/4"...but still quite a bit over the last 48 hours...almost 5 inches!  The ground is rather soggy!

Woody spent most of the day watching "the hearing."  I watched a very little, heard a little, and read a little about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment