Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Fall Is How Many Days Away?

This is what the car said that the outside temperature was when I was heading home from working in the library and running a quick errand.  Surely it isn't almost Fall!  Summer must just be starting up good!
It was so hot today that Woody decided that he wouldn't walk.  He drove to the local Farmer's Market.  Today he came home with green beans and corn--two things that are on his list of okay foods. He washed and cut off the ends of the beans and I cooked them when I got home from the library. And, I could actually use one of the recipes in one of our cookbooks.  I only had to make one change--butter to olive oil--a change that I usually do when making this recipe.  This recipe has quite a lot of garlic in it--another food item that is okay for him to eat.

This morning I woke up again way too early...especially on a day that I don't have school!  I decided that I would continue to index my sewing notebook and managed to get that done.  That empty file cabinet drawer kept calling my name and I decided that I would put some patterns in that drawer.  I had a group of patterns that I keep in my sewing cabinet on a shelf, but any time that I go to get one, the others tend to slide off.  I think that this drawer will tame them!

Woody did do some work outside.  But when it grew too hot he came inside.  He spent more time on the laptop getting a worksheet ready for his 6th through 8th grade Sunday School boys.  After lunch, I headed off to the library.  Donna, Fran and I all worked on processing some new books.  We got several ready for the new book shelf and several others just in the beginning stages of being processed.  Library work is ongoing!.  I ran a quick errand after I finished at the library. By the time I got home it was about time to start dinner.  Woody was working on the beans and I did the cooking after he finished.  They really tasted pretty good.  It's good to have really fresh green beans.

Woody had brought the vacuum downstairs and plopped it in the family room.  I told him that if he would pick up his things around his recliner and then vacuum, that I would run the shampooer.  There were several places in the room that really needed shampooing and the rest of the room probably enjoyed having the carpet refreshed a bit.  The shampooing has done me in for this day.  The recliner is calling my name so I can rest my back!

I doubt that I get anything done on Esther's blouse tonight. But I thought that I would show you what I have so far.  One side cut out, the back cut out, and the other side with the pattern pinned on and ready to be cut out.  Then it will be time to spread out the rest of the fabric and see if I can figure out what they are talking about for altering it to be a blouse instead of a dress! The fronts are the pieces more heavily embroidered.  The back has just a little embroidery on it just above the waist.



No comments:

Post a Comment