Thursday, September 20, 2018

Night of Firsts!


It was Woody's and my first time for a double header.  Elijah's game started at 5pm and Isaac's started at 6:30pm.  We started out with a beautiful blue sky with puffy clouds and ended the evening with a beautiful gibbous moon.  This was the first time that I got to see at least part of Elijah's game. I left around 6pm to walk Isaac over for his practice time prior to his game.  Elijah had a great game.  I saw him do a super job of fielding the ball when he was playing right field.  He also got to play 2nd base and he was the relief pitcher.  He pitched to the last batter and struck him out only having to pitch four balls.  That was his first time pitching this Fall Ball season. I also got to see him hit the ball and ended up scoring.  I believe that it was his first time to slide into home plate...and made it safely! Elijah's team won their game.

Isaac's game seemed to go a little bit faster than Elijah's.  There is a little less hitting in their coach pitch.  But tonight the boys on his team were hitting pretty well.  The boys on the other team out hit them and in the end the other team won. Isaac did hit the ball, but was thrown out at first...though Nathan got it on video and really the first baseman dropped the ball so Isaac should have been out.  There are no umpires in Coach Pitch. Isaac also did a pretty good job of stopping a ball that came to him in the outfield and threw it in rather than holding like so many do.  All in all a very good night for a double header.  It was pretty warm at the start, but as the evening progressed it got to be quite pleasant with a light breeze.

Woody beat the heat today by getting up early and walking six miles.  He helped me lug furniture around so I could finish shampooing the carpet in the family room.  The job of shampooing about wore me out!  But it does look better, so I guess it was worth the effort. I also continued in relocating patterns which freed up some space in my sewing cabinet and I rearranged three shelves in that cabinet.  I also decided that I could go through some more of the files that I have.  Over the years besides recipes I have clipped decorating ideas and put them in files.  I decided that as a sign of the times that I now save decorating ideas in Pinterest so I am doing away with a lot more files in the file cabinet.  So all in all it has been a pretty active day for these two Dorrells.  And, it was a pretty busy, long one for the neighbor Dorrells as well.  They drove all the way back from Texas today.  Nathan said that he got up at 3am and they were home a little after 2pm.  Long drive.  I'll bet they will be glad to see their own beds after sleeping in their camper for quite a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment