Monday, September 10, 2018

Meanderings on Monday

Woody started off his meanderings on a four-mile walk.  He came back saying that he had had to get his sweatshirt as it was chilly and a bit rainy.  He has taken advantage of the rain that we got yesterday and today and has gotten back to weeding out some of the flower beds so he can get back to mulching.  A little before I headed off, Woody left to go to Life Care to have Bible study and visit with some of the residents.

Not long after he left for Life Care, I headed out to meet friends for breakfast.  We had an enjoyable morning visiting with each other.  Food was good but the friendship of so many years was better!

I came home to collapse for a little while.  Oh, I guess I should explain why I could play hooky this morning and go out for breakfast!  I had the day off from school as this was a traveling back home day for Nathan, Kathy, and family.  They had done programs in a church in Arkansas over the weekend.  They were back home when I got home from breakfast and Elijah came over to see if I could help him adapt a bag that he carries a game system in.  He needed me to add another pocket so he could put his games in it.  I managed to meet his approval and got that little project done.

This evening I am in communication with the head of our sewing club.  She is going to post a doll dress pattern for the club to make and I have been proofing it and checking things for her.  We started calling each other back and forth yesterday so I could give her changes.  It's sort of fun being on this side of the sewing industry!  Right now I am attempting to print out the pattern to full size for her to see if it is scaled properly.

Woody is at the Furnace Room Prayer meeting this evening.  Once he gets home, I believe that our meanderings for this Monday will be over!  I'm "off " to do the checking of the pattern for the club.  My last meandering of the day...at least I don't have to leave home!


No comments:

Post a Comment