Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday Saunterings

Woody spent some time early this morning out in the yard working on weeding and mulching the front garden.  Later in the morning, he headed to the library for his weekly visit.  Before he left, I finished a book so he could take it back.  It was due during this coming week before Saturday and I knew that if it didn't get back that we would probably forget and not get it back till the usual Saturday library trip and by then it would be overdue.  While he was away I got ready  for our "adventure" of the day.  We met our friends the Hastys for lunch at Granny Fishes and then went over to their house.  We hadn't seen it since it was finished and they were settled in.  When we got to the restaurant we were surprised to see their son, his wife and their younger son. We enjoyed visiting with all of them.  When we got to their house, Woody and Doyle toured and Linda and I toured.  I will say that Linda's and my tour lasted longer...I guess we were a bit more thorough!  We found the men watching TV in a couple of different places as we toured through.  It was wonderful to get to see the house with them getting all settled into it. And, I was glad to get to give them their "house warming" gift that I made for them--microwave bowl cozies.  And, of course, it is always good to get to visit. We always pick up right where we left off in our conversations and then chase lots more rabbits!   We had a very nice afternoon.  We are back home settling in for the evening.  I am still working on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. Woody is reading and watching TV downstairs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment