Friday, September 14, 2018

Finally Friday


Sometimes what your eyes tell you are seeing is deceiving.  When I took my friend's field of sunflowers, last year in July, I thought that I was getting a mass of yellow sunflowers.  When I zoomed in I realized that I was only getting the back of them due to the time of day.  They were almost all turned toward the sun.  Still pretty, though!

Woody got up and walked four miles this morning.  I was awake when he left.  I was reading and studying the lesson material for Sunday's Sunday School lesson.  I've at least gotten a good start on it.  Woody headed off to the grocery store fairly early.  When he returned he plopped our bags of groceries on the kitchen table and turned and headed off to run errands with his friend who has no transportation--and now he has no means of communication unless he borrows someone else's phone.  He had a free one that the government doles out, but it has run out of minutes and there is no way to get another according to him.  It's sad to be in such a situation.  I stuck around the house all day and have done a little of this and a little of that.  I did one more row of embroidery on Esther's dress...just two more rows to go.  I also washed a couple of loads of clothes and have put them away.  I made a new recipe for lunch.  Woody even ate a little of it.  He has made a cauliflower recipe that we both really like (one of the few of our tried-and-true recipes that he can still eat.  Of the thousands of recipes that I have tried there are now very few of those that he can eat.  I made Chicken Fricassee...partly as a memory of what mother used to make, though this one wasn't all that much like Mother's.  The one good thing about it is that it has a thickened sauce that is only made from chicken broth (an okay item on his diet) and no milk (milk products are no-no's for his diet).  It had quite a few approved veggies in it.  And, I didn't put a ton of chicken in it so he could easily get around those pieces or eat a few small pieces.  This time I topped it with refrigerator biscuits (not approved) so he could skip those.  The next time I can make my own biscuits and then it would be okay for Woody to have at least part of one of those.  This time I was trying to use up items that we had in our refrigerator.  Anyway, it tasted pretty good...again, not like Mother's, but still reminded me of hers. Most of the rest of things that I did today were read, do a little straightening up around the house, and probably sat around too much...but I did enjoy my day off!  Part of the washing included some fabric for my next project--a doll dress that we got the pattern for from our sewing club.  I think that I have gathered up all the supplies.  But will work on Esther's before starting on one for the doll!  Woody has read, done crossword puzzles, watched TV, and helped me clean up the kitchen. Now we are settling in for another hopefully quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment