Friday, September 7, 2018

Interesting Day!

Woody headed off to the grocery store fairly early this morning, as he had an appointment a little around 9am.  He went to one store.  I quickly put the groceries away and then we headed off to a new medical destination--the dialysis center here in Tullahoma.  His nephrologist had arranged for the appointment.  His kidney function numbers are getting to the point that dialysis in the future is probably a foregone conclusion...just when will be determined by the doctor.  But I guess they want to counsel with the patient-to-be prior to the actual time when dialysis has to start.  We were pretty much just given several options for Woody to mull over and decide the direction that he would want to go when the time comes.  The lady we talked today says that she will be our advocate...oh, boy!  He is to go on doing what he is doing...walking, staying on a strict kidney diet, etc. As far as being able to predict when, there isn't an answer.  She said that it could be soon or it could still be some time away.  I guess he is treading water, but at least his head is still above the water!  At the moment we will just keep on keeping on!  I guess this is the next saga in Woody's medical story!  I'd rather write about drivel!

Woody came home and almost immediately headed off to run errands with his friend who has no transportation and to finish our grocery shopping.  He also made a stop at the hospital to pray with a friend prior to his surgery.  I worked on getting the PDF file ready for my sewing club.  I completed writing it and then let Woody proof it and then sent it to the head of the club for her approval.  When I get her okay, I will post it for the club members.  So that was a good job done for the moment.  It is the first file for this year's new club that started in August.  I have done a little sewing and had fun looking through an order that came today from a fabric store in South Carolina.  I got some pretty things and also some new notions.  It's always fun to get a sewing package.

We are all settled in doing one thing or another this evening.  I am "pretty sure" that it will be another quiet Friday evening in this Dorrell household.


No comments:

Post a Comment