Thursday, September 6, 2018

Back to the Ball Park Times 2



 Tonight both Elijah and Isaac had games at the same time.  I ended up staying at Isaac's game the whole time and Woody went to Elijah's except for a short stop at Isaac's field when he went back to the car to get an umbrella.  Drizzling rain is the main reason that I decided to stick to the one field tonight...I knew if I got up I would lose my dry space on the bleacher. For part of the game Abigail and Joy sat under my umbrella with me.  Isaac played the pitcher position tonight.  He is in coach pitch, but there has to be a player on or near the pitcher's mound to do the fielding.  He hit the ball again and managed to get to first base thanks to not the quickest fielding on the opposing team's part.  In the end Isaac managed to get around the bases and scored thanks to a couple of the better hitters on his team.  He was sooooooo happy when he realized that he had scored.  His team pulled off another win.  As did Elijah's team.  Elijah's team rather ran away with their game.  Elijah got an RBI and caught two fly balls out in the outfield.  So both boys had a good ball night!  The bottom picture shows Isaac's fan club in the background...from left to right...Abigail, Joy, Kathy, Esther (she was looking at Elijah's field), and Nathan.  They stand over there so they can see both fields.  Last time we were the home field and we all sat over there.  Tonight that wasn't the side for Isaac's team's fans...but I think that they remembered to cheer on the correct team!  One thing nice about the little guys' baseball games...everyone cheers on both sides trying to encourage each player.

Woody walked four-miles this morning.  Later he met another of his goals...he finished up sweeping up the debris on our street in front of our house.  Joseph told me that Goosey (Woody) was outside sweeping the street.  And, sure enough he was!

I had school today.  It was a bit different because the kids were interested in the work that was happening at their house.  They had workmen there today installing a new front door and side light panels.  Joseph came over and did a little school but requested that he have his Osmo time back at their house...so went over with a couple of the games and my iPad and he got extra help from his siblings!  The rest came over to the house to read.  I think at that point they saw that this job wasn't going to be done as quickly as the carpet had been a couple of days ago.  Isaac came over for his long time with me.  He sewed an oval and then sewed stitches across it since it looked like an Easter Egg to him.  He also played a few minutes with one of the Osmo games.

After school, I set to work cooking.  Our Sunday School class took a meal this evening to a member who had been in the hospital.  I made a couple of really easy things...as in they were all prepared, I just had to cook them and do a little stirring.  It still took me quite a while to get my part of the meal complete...or so it seemed to me.  I cooked a couple of things that we had on hand that Woody can no longer eat...helped me to get a couple of things out of the freezer and off a shelf. While I waited for the food to be picked up, I worked on putting the pillows back on the chairs and glider on the front porch.  I vacuumed them really well before putting them back.  We have a fairly clean place to "set-a-spell" now!  About the time that my food got picked up by the teacher of our class, it was time to head to the ball park...which leads us to this moment...when we are back home and I am blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment