Saturday, September 29, 2018

Make-Up Ball Games

Woody worked in the garden mulching and weeding in the cool of this morning.  The day started out with a nip in the air, but by ball game time it was warmed back up.  Isaac's game started thirty minutes before Elijah's.  I stayed at Isaac's till it was over and then made my way over to Elijah's.  Woody stayed at Isaac's until Elijah's game started.  Both boys had good games.  Isaac got a base hit and a run batted in.  One time Isaac swung so hard that he fell down...his mommy captured that on her phone.  Isaac's team came from behind and only lost by two runs...good game...more exciting than most coach pitch games!  Elijah's team won handily.  I'm not sure the ending score as not long after we got over there to watch his game after Isaac's whoever had been keeping score quit and the rest of the game we weren't sure of anything except that we were ahead.  I think that Elijah's team ended up with 13 and the other team 2 or 3.  On the way down from the bleachers (bleachers that I don't like because the seating/steps are deep and high), I managed to pull a real graceful move and fell.  And, by God's grace (no comparison to my grace, thank goodness), I didn't break anything!  I imagine that I will know more about the fall tomorrow!

After the game, Woody and I stopped at the library to return his books and look around to see if we could find any others to check out.  I checked out three and came home to find out that I had already read two of them!  I couldn't decided if the story line sounded familiar or not and I knew that the book cover didn't look familiar.  But I read a lot of this author's books as e-books and e-books don't have covers for me to remember!

I spent most of the rest of the day reading or dozing. Woody  watched a movie that he checked out from the library, watched a St. Louis Cardinal game on TV, baked some mini muffins for his Sunday School department and did some reading.   Oh, and I did go next door to get Abigail's cheesecake out of the oven when the timer rang.  They went to a fund raiser at Arrowhead Boy's Ranch this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment