Monday, September 3, 2018

"Grammy, There's a Horse in our Front Yard!"




This afternoon, Elijah popped over to our house to announce that there was a horse in their front yard! Not something that happens real often in their yard!  The children thoroughly enjoyed the experience and most chose to at least sit on the horse, if not to walk around in a circle in the yard on the horse.  I think that Joy was the happiest.  She was the only one who rode who could mount the horse by herself.  Graham and Abigail were the only ones who chose not to ride. Abigail encouraged me to give it a try.  I said, "No, thank you!"  I almost said that if she would, then I would.  But I bit my tongue and didn't say it as she might very well have given it a try just to see me give it a try!  I was never much on riding horses.  When I went to stay with a girlfriend in northern AZ we rode and when I went to Girl Scout Camp.  But I really only rode because I had to!  I didn't get over in time to get Joseph riding.  He was getting off the horse when I came out to snap a few pictures.  Isaac chose to pat the horse on its nose and then to sit in the saddle for a very short time.You just never know what will be happening next door from one moment to the next.  Life is lively most of the time over there!

This morning Woody got up early and walked six miles.  Before school started he headed off to the Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and then visit with several of the residents.  He was gone most of the morning.  He also got stitches out of his leg.  He had a place removed last week when he was at the dermatologist and they had to take stitches and he was to get them out ten days later...Labor Day not the best day to find someplace to take them out, but he found one of the urgent care places in town able to do the task for him. He has also done a little weeding in the yard.  Pretty dry at the moment.  We did get a little rain on Saturday, but very little!  We need rain as can be seen by the grass in these pictures.

I had school this morning with the children even though it was Labor Day!  But tomorrow I won't have school as they have a conflict. So I'll rest from my labor a day late!  A good part of the afternoon I spent writing another PDF file.  This time it is for the club that started in August.  We're hoping to keep up with the files this time!  I just have one more to write for last year's club that ended in July.  So that is a good feeling that we are about caught up for those twelve months.  She just posted August's two videos the last day of August, so I'm really not behind on those.  I have the pictures for one of the videos so I have begun the initial stages of getting ready to write the file. This afternoon I watched the video again and took notes on the video.  Thumbnail photos are all printed out so the next step is to put pictures with information and steps on my hand written sheets.  So the process is well underway for writing the first file for the first video for this club's year.




No comments:

Post a Comment