Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saying Good-Bye to Summer

I think that Fall begins sometime today and that tomorrow is the first full day of Fall.  Still doesn't feel like Fall...but I know that it will eventually!  I have noticed that it is getting darker earlier lately.

Woody has worked in the yard today--mowing, weeding and mulching.  He also went to the library this morning.

After I got up this morning,  I vacuumed the part of the dining room that I had shampooed yesterday and then scooted the dining table over so I could do the part under the table that I couldn't do yesterday.  I got that small portion finished.  After I blog, I plan to go vacuum that part and get the table moved back.  Where the table is at the moment is an accident waiting to happen!  It is in our usual path to walk through the dining room.  Now that it is dark out you can't see it if you walk into the room without turning the light on and I am sure that one of us will walk right into it!  I have left the light on till I get the vacuuming done and the table moved back to its normal place.

Abigail came over a little after supper and she and I worked on a zipper bag made with vinyl.  It turned out really cute.  Vinyl isn't as forgiving as fabric is...can't take out miss sewn seams, etc.  And, it is rather hard to turn inside out, but she managed with very little help from me.

Woody is reading and watching TV.  I am going to go vacuum the area I shampooed this morning and then I think that I will be ready to sit down and read one of the three books that I have going at the moment.  So that pretty well sums up another quiet Saturday evening in this Dorrell household.

No comments:

Post a Comment