Monday, July 15, 2019

A Test Drive—Day 35

Isaac and Joseph came over for a little while this evening and tested out playing with the Osmo game/learning system in the new kitchen.  They have had trouble doing some of the "games" because of poor lighting where they usually play.  It worked fine under the new lighting in the kitchen.  They only played the car racing game so we haven't thoroughly tested it with new lighting, but I am sure that it will work better under good lights.

I did get a call from the contractor's office today.  They called to say that the countertop Quartz is expected in the next day or so and that they would call later in the week to set up an install time!  Sounds good!  Now...if it will just happen!  I put away more items in the cabinets today.  I also made a cucumber jello salad.  Both putting away items and cooking meant that I also did quite a few dishes.  I'm more than ready for the dishwasher to be hooked up.

Woody visited with a widow who is in his Deacon family.  Then this evening he went to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  He just got home from that.  So I guess we are settling in for another quiet evening.  I'm attempting to finish a book that is due today and can't be renewed  Woody has also been reading, working at the computer, doing puzzles, and watching TV.  We had more rain this afternoon...still in a rainy pattern.  The grass isn't crunchy underfoot any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment