Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Nada=Zilch—Day 22

Well, no workers to begin our fourth week of renovation/no kitchen.  I guess having six workers for the entire day yesterday was just too much so today zero workers.  I figure that they were doing what they did yesterday for us for another renovation.  I know that our longest working crew of three told me on Friday that they might not be there to install cabinets yesterday as the contractor needed them on another job...guess they were on that other job today!  As long as neither of us trip over the long strips of crown and shoe molding that are stretched from the dining room doorway to the kitchen doorway we will be none the worse for a day of no progress!

So since I didn't have any workers I decided to audition various pieces of kitchenware in various drawers and see how I was going to organize when I can finally get back into the kitchen.  In this drawer which is under the microwave spot and next to the slide-in range, I found out that I can fit all my pots that we use the most.  We'll see if that is where they will land!  I also checked out how things fit into the pantry drawers.

The last time that we had a no-progress day I gave the background on how I chose colors, etc. for the kitchen.  I neglected to tell you the main reason that I chose yellow for the walls.  Yellow is both Woody's and my favorite color—reason enough?!?

It has been a very hot and humid day.  Woody did make a trip out to visit one of his Deacon family members and deliver some literature to them.  Later in the day, he drove to the prayer room.  He seems to be limping more the last few days.  So most of the time he doesn't stray any farther than necessary from his comfy chair!  I did a little watering...the poor plants in this heat!  And, because I am trying to save Woody a few steps I have made several trips to the compost pile to empty our compost bucket.  My other main chore of the day has been doing dishes.  I will be so happy to have a kitchen sink back!  I also made Woody a cake in a mug today...something that can easily be done in the microwave.  Dump a few ingredients in a mug and cook it 1 minute in the mug and let it cool for 2 and he had a cake to eat some strawberries on.  He was happy.  I also learned how to substitute cream of tartar and baking soda for baking powder.  Woody isn't supposed to have things made with baking powder because of the phosphorus in it (At least, that is the reason I am remembering). He has to be careful of things that have phosphates, etc. in them.

One thing that he is looking forward to me making in our new oven is an angel food cake.  We found out that the store bought ones have quite a bit of phosphates in one form or another in them...so he isn't eating them anymore.  It's been a long time since I have baked an angel food cake from scratch.

I'll end this with the hopes that I can report on progress tomorrow night!  Oh, and, happy July...forgot to mention July's arrival last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment