Monday, July 29, 2019

Dusting Accomplishments—Day 49



Today I spent less time in the kitchen...except when I was baking some bread and then cooking our supper.  Well, part of the dusting did involve the sink...washing decorative items that belong in the dining room that had been removed during the renovation.  My mother's cup and saucer collection all had to be hand washed.  I started out the morning vacuuming off the walls...there has to be someway to get the best of all the construction white dust.  You should have seen the layer of white dust on top of my china cabinet!  The top of the buffet wasn't as bad as I had put down dish towels.  But there was a line around those towels when I picked them up.  I shook those towels outside and then added them to a pile of towels that need to be washed.  The buffet hadn't had anything on it except for some kitchen things since after Christmas.  I had packed up the decorative everyday items at Christmas and  put out our Precious Moments Nativity scene.  When I put it away after Christmas, I just left it empty till I started taking things out of the kitchen.  So it's been a while since I have seen these items.  I didn't take the cups and saucers down till the renovation began.  The dining room table is still part of the renovation...papers and items that pertain to the renovation are still on it.  I did put pictures back on the walls in the dining room.  I still haven't brought my Loara Standish sampler back downstairs.  I will wait till the renovation is totally finished.  The workmen have the flooring and several other items stored under the dining room table...so will wait for those to go before I put my table back the way it should be and bring the sampler back to its rightful place.  Today ends the 7th week since the renovation began.  I am so glad that we are at this end of the time period!  If the flooring comes in, I think that all inside work will be finished towards the end of the week. 

This morning I make bread...a flat bread—Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread...a new recipe...very good...definitely a keeper!  We ate part of it and put the rest in the freezer.  If I hadn't put it in the freezer, it would probably be all gone!  I love that I can turn my oven on to "proof" and let the dough rise in the oven...perfect conditions for the dough to rise.  This bread used both fresh rosemary and thyme...so our herb garden was put to good use!

We stayed home most of the day.  Woody took a friend to the doctor, but that didn't keep him out very long as the doctor wasn't seeing patients today.  This evening he is at the Monday night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  Tomorrow will probably be a full day.  He has his three month check-in at Vanderbilt for a CAt scan, labs, and sees Dr. Wyman.  At least the first appointment isn't a super early appointment so we won't have to start at the crack of dawn!


No comments:

Post a Comment