Friday, July 26, 2019

Look Who Had a Birthday—Day 46

Note that tonight's blog title says "had" a birthday!  This is our oldest grandson, Alex, and his birthday was yesterday and Grammy didn't put it the blog last night!  Yesterday morning I told myself that I would go find an old photo of Alex and use it for the blog photo that night.  Well, I guess I got too wrapped up in the doings of the day in our renovation and I didn't think about it when I was actually blogging.  This is a picture of him showing off his Easter outfit I made for him back in 2001.  He is showing off the hidden dinosaurs on the lining of the vest and the dinosaur on his shirt pocket.  He was very much "into" dinosaurs back in those days!  Yesterday this cute little boy turned 22!  No way!

Woody got up and headed off to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping early this morning, as he had to take his friend to McMinnville for a doctor appointment later in the morning. I enjoyed putting the food away in our new refrigerator and pantry!  He headed off to McMinnville and I started working in the kitchen.  Woody bought chicken breasts so I needed to debone them.  I then decided to make a small amount of broth with the bones, some veggies,  and some herbs from the garden.  After that had cooked a while, I removed the meat from the bones that I didn't get removed and decided to use that to make Woody a chicken pasta dish.  I made a sauce from the broth, and cut up then chicken and added some penne pasta.  I mixed all that together and popped it in the oven to bake with some panko bread crumbs and a small amount of parmasan cheese on top.  It came out of the oven just a little before Woody got home.  He enjoyed his late lunch.

I believe that I can say that the kitchen is now done from the contractor's perspective.  This afternoon, the electrician stopped by and fixed the circuit.  Woody reminded me that the kitchen still wasn't finished as I haven't ordered the window treatments yet...but that is on our end of the completion...that is in our control to finish...what got finished today was in the contractor's hands and his workers...on their time frame...out of my control.  So as of 3pm today the kitchen is back in our hands to have final touches added when and how we see fit!  The electrician who came today is one of our contractor's subcontractors.  He saw the original kitchen, was a part of the demolition, part of the initial work, did the final task toward completion, and got to see the kitchen as a working kitchen today...as I was in the midst of making a mess when he walked through today!



No comments:

Post a Comment