Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The Cupboards Are No Longer Bare—Day 30



Since no countertop workers showed today, I went to work putting things away in the pantry and some of the cupboards.  I emptied two large boxes that had pantry items in them and found spots for everything in those boxes except for the sugar canister.  It's too tall for one of the pantry pullout shelves.  I plan to get a new airtight container to put the sugar in and then use the large canister as a kitchen tool holder near the stove.  The canister was part of a set that we received as a wedding present...so the gold color that I have chosen to use in the kitchen.  I have vacuumed and dusted and am still finding a thin layer of white dust in the cabinets...so am now dusting them out with a damp rag...not sure that has totally gotten them dust free...but better!  I think that I will be getting rid of white dust for a very long time!  Oh, in the bottom photo...the white baseboard will be gold after they come back to paint it and retouch where there are dings.  I also got almost all my cookbook collection  put away above the stove.  The top shelf isn't the most accessible, but those cookbooks aren't used as much as the ones on the lower shelf.  I am using our waffle maker as a bookend on the top shelf...not the most used appliance in our kitchen...but we have used it during the renovation so it isn't "one of 
those" items that we "never" use!  

I have also started a drawer with measuring devices...and one with mixing bowls...and one with colendars and graters.  I finally have a place in a cabinet that my air fryer can fit in and not be on the counter!  I put it behind our stock pot and there was room enough to place some roasting pans next to them on their side.  I really like the drawers...so nice to be able to pull them out and get to the back of them...they are like a pull-out shelf...and deep enough to hold mixing bowl sets stacked inside each other.  They are quite roomy and I can see everything...at least for the moment.  Whether my choice of where I am putting things will make sense to Woody once he gets back to doing things in the kitchen...well, time will tell!  I am trying to out things close to where they were in our cabinets prior to the renovation.  Maybe that will help make placement make sense to him?!?

Woody had his monthly appointment at the oconology place here in town for his shot for anemia and his B-12 shot.  He now gets a late morning appointment and he gets out sooner than he used to.  This is the appointment that one never knows how long it will last...one time he didn't get back from it till 2am!  That was because they sent him to the hospital for a blood transfusion.  Thankfully lately he has not needed blood transfusions!  

Hopefully I will be able to blog tomorrow night.  We are changing Internet service tomorrow afternoon so there is no telling how that will go and if we will have things set up correctly! I'll post if I can!  Also, hope that I can report about kitchen countertops and/or a refrigerator...but it is best that we don't hold our breaths for that to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment