Saturday, July 6, 2019

Liquid Gold—Day 26

When I walk out the door with something in my hands, Esther's kitties are hopeful! This time it was just a camera.  I'll bet that they were disappointed!

I have been back and forth between our house and Nathan and Kathy's today as I was stewing a chicken and making liquid gold aka chicken stock.  That just wasn't something that I felt that I could do over here as the chicken Woody bought was quite large and I felt that it just wouldn't be able to cook correctly in our crockpot.  So I used a real stove for the first time since we started renovations. It was definitely easier using a real kitchen...except for the transferring of items back and forth between our two houses...that added quite a bit of extra time and effort to the task.

Woody went to the library and stopped at the store on the way home and got some celery so I can make some chicken noodle soup for him.  The liquid gold is in the fridge getting good and cold so I can take the layer of fat off of it before I make soup.

Late this afternoon, Woody and I headed to the church for a "meet and greet" for our new prospective  Minister to Children and Families.  Then we came home and ever since I have been trying to get knobs and handles for our kitchen cabinets ordered.  I thought that I had them chosen until a moment ago and I realized when I looked at pictures next to each other that what I have chosen may not be the best match.  So will look some more, I guess.  Woody has been reading and watching television...typical quiet evening in our household.


No comments:

Post a Comment