Saturday, July 13, 2019

Saturday Silence—Day 33

At least, silence from the point of view of no workmen hammering, etc.  It was pretty much a typical Saturday.  I continued to find things here and there to put away—a few more things found homes and quite a lot are still homeless!

Woody went to the library per usual this morning. Late this morning.  He has been reading, doing crossword puzzles, and watching TV most of the rest of the day.

Kathy and Graham came over here to get their laptop online (they haven't gotten everything worked out with the new wifi) so Graham could register for a couple of college classes at our local Motlow Community College.  He will be doing what is called dual-enrollment (getting both high school and college credit during his senior year in high school). He will be taking an Engish and a math course in the Fall semester. We're excited for him as he moves on to this next step in his education.  This is the campus where Nathan is beginning this Fall as the Baptist Collegiate Ministry director.  So both will be venturing into something new on the Motlow campus this Fall.  Motlow isn't entirely new for Nathan as he went there for his first two years of college. Nor is the Baptist Collegiatr Ministry (BCM), (formerly Baptist Student Union (BSU), new to Nathan as he was very active in it both at Motlow and at Tennessee Tech...but new to him being the director!

I mainly cooked and washed dishes this afternoon.  I made an eggplant casserole with some home-grown eggplants that a friend gave us.  It turned out quite good.  I think that Woody was happy for the change of pace...hadn't had that recipe in a while.  So I used both the stove top and the upper (smaller) oven for this dish.  I still have two dishes to wash and then get what is in the dish drainer put away.  More and more I have a spot in the kitchen to put things...just wish that I had the top drawers and we would really have most of our most used items in a place.  Along with my stove and my pantry, I am really enjoying the wonderful lighting...no longer do I ever work in my shadow!  The small strips of LED lights that are under the cabinets are phenomenal when I consider how tiny and how little space they take up...the main space they take up is where their wires and plugs are in three places inside my upper cabinets.  But so far I have been able to work around them.  But the amount of light in the kitchen makes the rest of the rooms in the house seem dim and dingy!

We had another storm blow up this afternoon.  I would say that we once again got a decent amount of rain.  Our plants should be MUCH happier.  It is good to be back in a rain pattern.  Of course, rain means hot and steamy when the sun comes back out...typical for Middle TN at this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment