Thursday, July 11, 2019

One Month Ago—Day 31



One month ago this date was the first day of renovation...the start of the demolition.  I'm glad that I can post the pictures that I am tonight!  At least it is looking more finished...despite no workers for two days now.  Well, we had a worker, but it was a worker to hook us up to a different Internet and telephone provider...that took three hours!  But it is working and perhaps it is faster.  The main thing is that I'm glad that it is back up and working.  Nathan worked hard too getting things back up and connected.  I got to wondering what we would have done if Nathan hadn't been here...most of what was said today about the Internet sounded like Greek to me!  I do have a mess to clean up...a shelf of books got knocked off  as did some of the picture frames on top of the bookcase and have to put my little table back where it goes that has a little TV that I sometimes watch DVDs on while I am seeing. The sewing room was one of the rooms that hadn't gotten messed up by the renovations...but it got messed up with an Internet update!  Can't win for losing around here...just one mess after another.  Well, the kitchen is in pretty good shape.

I did get disappointing news this morning when I called to check on the status of my refrigerator...it still isn't in.  When they went to pick it up yesterday, it hadn't arrived yet..."supposed" to have gotten to the Nashville warehouse today and they will pick it up NEXT Wednesday on their run to the warehouse! I'm so glad that our old refrigerator didn't get moved out at the beginning of the renovation as the workers had planned!  And, I'm really glad to have my new stove and a makeshift counter next to the stove using a large cutting board.  I had just hoped for counter and sink and refrigerator and the plumbing to be connected so I could run the dishwasher...but then very few get everything that they wish for!  I am guessing that we will be going through another weekend without countertops, a sink, water, or usable dishwasher.  Just when things were rolling along and the end was in sight everything slooooooows way down again.

We had rain today...a good steady rain for a while.  Our plants are very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment