Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thumbs Up—Day 51

About 4:30 this afternoon, Dr. Wyman called to say that Woody's scan looked good.  He said that he still wanted him to come back in three months...we were hoping for a bit more time between scans.  He had worked up to six months between scans and was about to go to a year.  But his surgery and infection set him back when a lymph node showed up in his scan back in January.  Both the infection and the surgery were good reasons for lymph nodes to not to be exactly right...but given his previous melanoma, they don't dare take a chance and just say that it is "nothing."  Woody thinks that they are being overly cautious...he's ready to not go back for a year!

I got up and headed to the kitchen to make cucumber jello salad...something that Woody can eat.  I did get started on putting things away in the guest room closet.  I didn't get very far but at least it is a start.  This afternoon Donna and I worked in the library for a while.  We did maintenance and then worked with the overdue list.  The overdue books have been coming back after I drew attention to them to the patrons who have them.  Today we went upstairs to the children's area and found quite a few that a teacher had checked out.  We found them all...left them in the room and came back down and renewed them so they would get off "the list."

Woody had pasta for supper that I made last night for him.  I decided that I was in the mood for a tomato pasta sauce so made that for me.  Now it is time to go clean up the kitchen!

Wondering if the upstairs bathrooms' floors will get finished tomorrow.  Supposedly the flooring was to come in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment