Monday, July 22, 2019

Knobs and Handles—Day 42



As we finish up the sixth week of renovation, we are definitely in the final stages.  This morning one of the cabinet workers was here bright and early to put on the knobs and handles and adjust doors, etc.  While he was here our contractor stopped by and looked things over.  I pointed out several things that need to be done and he assigned the worker several of the tasks that need to be done.  The missing pantry shelves and a coulee of other shelves that I have asked for will be put in tomorrow and a coule of other things he will do to prepare for the painter to come and do touch ups.  The contractor also told us that a worker would probably start Thursday putting in the floors in our three bathrooms and in the sunporch/laundry area.  He also checked to see what else needs to be done on the outside of the house to correct the way the water is running down the corner of our house near the front porch.  Looks like things really are winding down!  

I ran a coule of errands this afternoon...one for Kathy and one for my Sunday School class.  Woody is at the Monday night Furnace Room Prayer meeting currently.  I planned to make some bread today and never had time due to the workman and then my errands and then it was time to make dinner.  I am thinking about making it as soon as I publish tonight's blog.  I have everything all out and ready.  I think that I will bake the bread using the convection oven...also I have a mode on the oven to have just enough heat to hel the dough rise...think that will try that too. I had planned to let the dough rise in the smaller oven, but I used that oven to cook our supper (an eggplant casserole) so it is still too hot to proof the dough.  So will use the lower oven.  Nice to have two to choose from!  I did put away a few more things today.  I am emptying out boxes in the hall upstairs.  Maybe it won't be too long till the hallway is clear once again?!?  Still quite a bit to do, but at least I can see progress of boxes getting emptied out and items getting put away.  It is good to have handles and knobs...so much easier to open the cabinets and drawers.

We are in the midst of another storm.  This is the second rain event that we have had today. I'm hearing altitude thunder in the distance.  Guess I'll get back to my baking...not sure that this is a good idea at this hour of the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment