Monday, July 8, 2019

Progress—Day 28

I'm having problems adding a photo at the start so I will start typing and see if it will let me add on into the blog!  It has been a very busy day and lots of progress has been made...just not sure that I can show it in pictures!  Crown molding has been put around all the ceiling.  There is still some detail work to do, but it looks great.  The molding that goes around the bottom of the pantry got put in too!

The big news is that the appliances are here AND in our house...all except for the refrigerator that is due to arrive on Wednesday.  The dishwasher is in...but not hooked up till sink gets put in when the countertops are put in.  The microwave is in its place.  The hood is on the floor where the stove will go.  The stove is in the living room!  But definitely progress.  I'm hoping that tomorrow night I might be able to use my new stove.  


Finally I got the pictures to post!  With the picture of the stove,  you can get a glimpse of the kitchen mess in the living room!  Seeing appliances going in lets me know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel and that we are beginning to see it! It's hard to tell, but the color of our appliances is slate...sort of a brown-gray.

Woody was gone for a while this morning running errands with his friend.  The rest of the day we have just stayed inside as much as possible and tried to keep cool.  It has been a really hot today.  Nathan and Kathy and family are back from a vacation with Kathy's parents and siblings and their families and also a mission trip with a group from our local Baptist Association to Pennsylvania.  The kids have been in and out today checking on progress of the kitchen while they were away.  They saw that a lot had been accomplished.  Abigail decided that she wants to come over here to cook now that she has seen our stove with the double ovens!  I told her she was welcome to use them when she has big cheese cake orders...or any time she wants! I still haven't seen Elijah as a ten-year-old as he heded off to kid's church camp in Kentucky this morning.  Can you say "On the go?" Busy! Busy!

Hopefully more progress to report tomorrow!  As of today we have completed four weeks of renovation...week five begins tomorrow!  





2 comments:

  1. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just
    wondering if you get a lot of spam responses?

    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much
    appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gone into settings and made it so I have to approve comments for them to be published.

      Delete