Tuesday, July 30, 2019

On the Road Again—Day 50


We didn't leave till around 8:45am and returned at 3:45.  We got to Vanderbilt about an hour early for his first appointment.  But he was registered for his CT quickly and got taken back for his scan almost as soon as he sat down.  We were out of the radiology area and heading back down the looooooong hallway about the time that his CT was scheduled for.  He then registered for his labs and was literally called back to have labs done before he got sat back down from registering.  The only problem with that is they were too efficient as he also had to talk to the folk who file insurance as they had been billing us for something that we shouldn't be billed for.  They are going to resubmit it to his suplimentary insurance. As soon as he got that taken care of, he walked right in to have his labs done.  Being early for Dr. Wyman isn't very helpful as he only has very short hours in the Vanderbilt cancer clinic.  And, those hours start after lunch.  But we did luck out and were the first ones for him to see.  Once again, we were walking back down the hall after seeing him and it was just time for Woody's appointment.  So everything went as quickly as it could have today.

We don't know results of CT scan.  Dr. Wyman will call us.  His labs looked good...except for kidney labs...which is par for the course, unfortunately, these days.

I did a little more putting away of items that were still in the living room this morning before we left. At the moment I have a pile on the living room floor that is for a future yard sale (that may be soon, as Kathy mentioned having one in August).  I emptied out a bin that I had borrowed from Nathan and Kathy, so I will fill it back up with the pile of things and send it back their way!  I put cleaning items that used to go under the sink out in the laundry room on a little bookshelf.  The space under the sink is much smaller than what we had before...seems to be more cords, etc. under there so I don't have a lot of room to store the things that I had under the sink in old kitchen.  I think that this new spot for storing them will work well.  Before, that little bookcase in the laundry room was just a catch all...so will either do away with what was there or find another storage place.  Next I need to load up a couple of bins with decorative items and store those in the guest closet.  That's pretty much what I have left to put away.  Then I will try to give the living room a good cleaning.  The school room has a couple of boxes in it that I need to remove so I can get the school room ready for school to start.  Tullahoma starts day after tomorrow.  Dorrell Academy doesn't start till the week after next...at least I think that is right. They have started doing some lessons while they were traveling this past week.  So they are underway, but Grammy's school is a bit delayed in starting!  But I still need to get the school room ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment