Thursday, July 4, 2019

Invisible July 4th Work—Day 24

Surprisingly a worker did show up today, despite it being July 4th.  The work he did was invisible, but necessary.  He measured for the countertop template.  He also told me the "almost" sad story about the quartz color that I chose.  It had been discontinued for almost a year and it just hadn't been pulled from the sample box.  BUT good news, when he called and found out that it was discontinued, he asked them to please check the warehouse to make sure that they had no more of it.  Well, perhaps this countertop was "meant to be," as when they checked they still had two slabs of it...enough for our kitchen!  So now, as long as it doesn't get broken in the process of cutting it or when putting it in, we will have the countertop that I chose from the beginning.  Again, as so many things...time will tell!

Woody spent time picking blueberries from Nathan's blueberry bushes this morning.  He also started doing some watering and then I took over that job.  We have both taken time to do a lot of nothing with our feet  up today...just taking it easy.  Sort of nice not having workers around...well, except for the unexpected show of one late this afternoon!  I told myself that I was going to sew, put in a Project Runway DVD, and watch and sew...well, so far that hasn't happened, but there is still more of the day and of the July 4th weekend ahead of me.  I'm still trying to decide on handles and/or knobs for the kitchen cabinets and drawers.  I have narrowed down the choices, but still no final decision.  Decisions! Decisions!  When will they end for things in the kitchen...I guess not for a while as there will continue to be decision making to do even after renovation is complete...as I will have to decide where everything...or at least what...will go back in the kitchen and where!

Happy 243rd birthday, USA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment