Thursday, May 21, 2020

A Lot of "Building" Going On!


There was a lot of activity in what we call the "back forty" = Nathan and Kathy's lot that is behind our house!  These structures kept four of our neighbor grandchildren busy for most of the day...their first day of being "free from school!"  It is the start of their summer vacation.  Being homeschooled, their school didn't come to an abrupt end...they just kept on per usual!  So as of today we have two graduates this year...Graham from high school and Joseph from kindergarten.  They had a family graduation ceremony for both of them today.  Graham was presented his real diploma in the ceremony.

Today I got a call from the public library that they had books ready for me to pick up that I had put on hold.  The library hasn't opened its doors to the public yet, but are taking requests in the form of holds on their library computer page.  They pull them from their shelves and call you when they have them ready for pick up and have you pick a time so they don't have a lot of folk at the library at the same time.  I put in requests late last night as I knew that Woody was about to finish the last of the books that I had checked out from the church library.  I made the requests on my card so he wouldn't have to go get them.  They called before 10am and they start handing out books at 11am so I chose 11.  You show your library card through the library door and they pick them up off the table that is inside the door and hand them out the door.  Worked well!  And, Woody is happy to have more reading material in his hands once again.  The library just started doing this last week so the timing for Woody was very good.  The main thing that he does these days is read.

Later in the day he ran an errand for me and also picked up a couple of prescriptions for his friend.

This morning I made salad dressing for Woody and also made his sweet red pepper sauce (his catsup).  I got the kitchen cleaned up early today.  We had last night's leftover sweet and sour pork so only a reheat for that...not the mess of last night!

Woody picked up one of his books pretty quickly after lunch and got started on it.  I got him several books that I have read as e-books during our "safer at home" time.  When I read them I thought that he would enjoy them.  I also got him another of an author that he just got introduced to and wants to read more of his.  I checked out five for him...the limit that you can ask for at this time.  Those along with his crossword puzzle and a TV show fit in every so often should keep him busy for a little while.  We're just glad to have the library available to us again...even though we can't go in and browse!

As soon as I publish this, I am going to get my cameras ready for a barn trip tomorrow.  I like to start with empty memory cards so I need to go put them on the passport external drives where I store my photos. And then get them packed up in my camera bag.  Hopefully some new barns to start posting after tomorrow!

Tonight's borrowed Coronavirus thought:

"Is it too soon to put up the Christmas tree yet?  I've run out of things to do!" (Unknown)

Stay Safe!
Stay Well!
Be cautious as we enter into the new normal!







No comments:

Post a Comment