Thursday, May 7, 2020

Bread Baking






I decided last night that today would be a bread baking day...cinnamon swirl bread again so Woody can have French toast made with it.  I prefer it toasted in the toaster.  Whichever way...it is very good! And, it is a good bread to make in these days of what seems to be a shortage of yeast, since it only needs one yeast packet and makes two loaves.

I didn't get started very early this morning so the bread baking process took up part of the morning and went well into the afternoon by the time it was time to pull it out of the oven.  I got all the dishes either into the dishwasher or washed them by hand.  The dishwasher washer was full at that point so I ran it.

I gave Woody a choice for supper...fried slices of eggplant or an eggplant casserole.  He chose the casserole.  By the time I got that into the oven I had more dirty dishes.  I unloaded the dishwasher and then loaded it again.  I have washed the dishes by hand that couldn't go in the dishwasher and closed the door on the dishwasher until I have more dishes for it tomorrow.  The counters have been wiped off and the shades pulled and the lights are off...I other words: kitchen is closed!

I'm looking forward to an evening of reading after spending most of the day cooking.

Woody's rib doesn't seem to be hurting as much today.  His day of rest and being extra cautious yesterday must have helped.  Now if he will just take it easy.  He did drive to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions at their drive-thru.  And, he went out to check on the herb garden's progress and got the mail and picked up a small branch that had blown down in the storm the other night.  By the time he came in he knew that he had done a bit more than he probably should have!  He has been watching TV, doing crossword puzzles and reading the rest of the afternoon and now into the evening.  I am pretty sure that it will be a quiet evening for both of us.

Now for the borrowed Coronavirus thought for tonight:

"After years of wanting to thoroughly clean the house but lacking the time, I have discovered, after sheltering at home all these weeks, that "time" was NOT the reason!"  (Unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Be cautious when it is time to reenter society!

No comments:

Post a Comment