Friday, May 8, 2020

Rainy Friday


Look who left the next today!  This is the first time that I have spotted a baby bluebird after it left the nest.  What a rainy day to choose to leave!  Not the best pictures, but it was fun to catch one so newly out of the nest.  The parents were close by keeping tabs on him.  He was quite noisy...reason that I spotted him.

We have a freeze warning out for tonight so I ran around trying to cover up our plants and some of Nathan and Kathy's.  They are away today and won't be back in time to cover things. I ran out of coverings but at least some of the things are covered.  We're hoping that the wind is up enough to keep the frost away.  I'm ready for all this cold to go away.  Hopefully this is the last rally cold spell we will have.

I made Woody French toast with the cinnamon swirl bread for breakfast this morning.  Then what was in the fridge fed him for the rest of the day.  I decided to make myself some macaroni and cheese for my supper...something that isn't on Woody's kidney diet, plus he doesn't like mac and cheese, anyway!  So he doesn't feel deprived when I make it every so often. The kitchen is cleaned up and the lights are out...so once again the kitchen is closed for the evening!

Woody continues to take it easy trying to get over his cracked rib...so lots of cross word puzzles, some TV watching...currently he's watching the Friday evening news programs, and probably a little reading.  I found out a little earlier that on Monday our public library is going to start doing curbside checkout...request the books to be out on hold online and then when they have them ready for you, they will call and you can drive and get them.  Sounds like a good plan.  Woody still has one more book to go on the big stack that I got him from the church library so this will be good timing for him!

I managed to get all my Spring/Easter decorations put away today.  They are all tucked back in their storage tub and back in the closet where I store them.  Things look a little bare where they had been!

And, now for tonight's borrowed Coronavirus thought...it pretty much describes Woody and me...the only thing that we both are missing is getting a haircut...other than that we are pretty much going along "as usual!"

"You never realize how antisocial you are until there's a pandemic and your life doesn't really change that much!" (Unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Be cautious as you return to normalcy!  The virus is still out there.  Melany told me today that she now knows someone who has died from Covid 19...a former student's mom who was still volunteering at Melany's school prior to it closing due to the pandemic.  It's real! And, it is deadly!

No comments:

Post a Comment