Monday, May 4, 2020

May the Fourth Be With You


This morning Woody headed off to take his friend to a doctor appointment here in Tullahoma.  The doctor office called here on Friday to confirm that they were seeing patients, but that patients had to wear masks.  Guess it was a good thing that I made him a mask a few weeks back.

Since Woody would be out of the house for a couple of hours, I decided to do a task that I had on my list of things to do this month while we are still sheltering at home.  I had never used the self-clean setting on my range and needed to use it before my warranty runs out in a couple of months.  I wanted to make sure that feature was working and that it didn't make the stove malfunction when I used it.  I opened windows in the kitchen, but it still smelled pretty bad in the downstairs area, so I decided that I would go out on the front porch and do a bit of bird watching and also some reading while the oven cleaned itself! In the end I pulled up a chair on the corner of our house where I could get a good view of the mama and daddy blue birds feeding their babies.  The babies are big enough now that I could see them practically fall out of the birdhouse opening when mama or daddy came back with food.  I took quite a few pictures.  Tonight's photo is one of them.  I think that these babies will be out of the nest soon.  I saw at least three at one time...not sure if there are more in their or not.

Oh, and, the oven came out bright and shiny and looking like new.  That was a first as this is the first oven that we have had that is self-cleaning.  This one also has a steam clean cycle which is what I had used up to this point, but the bottom oven needed a bit more than a steam clean. I have the kind of racks that can be left in and they came clean as well as did the oven door window.

Woody spent some time outside today after he got back.  He even walked over to Nathan and Kathy's to check out their garden.  He really worked hard over the weekend cleaning up our patio slab even to the point of hand trimming all around the outside edge of it.  We can see some of the herb seeds coming up that he planted...so far dill, oregano, and tarragon so far...the parsley we're not seeing yet.  All the plants that we planted last week seem to be doing well so far.

Tonight's borrowed Coronavirus thought:

"I miss people, places and things.  So nouns, essentially I miss nouns!  (Unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Be cautious as we gradually get back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment