Friday, May 1, 2020

Grocery Day


We both headed off at about the same time this morning.  Woody going off to take his friend to run errands and me to buy two weeks of groceries.  I got home before Woody did.  Hopefully I fulfilled what I was supposed to do...have enough for us to eat over the next two weeks.  It's a bit mind boggling for me to head out when I really don't know what to expect to be able to find.  As some have said...it is more a list for a scavenger hunt than a grocery list!  I was able to find just about everything that I had on my list...still no yeast and this time no canned tomatoes without salt added.  I wasn't in need of it, but still no toilet paper and paper towels were out too.  I was afraid not to be able to find meat but did find both pork and chicken...Woody is supposed to have those rather than beef.  I guess my main problem is that I can't plan for specific recipes and then make a list for what I need and then shop for it.  I have to see what they have and then sort of plan while I am in the store what else that I need to make some recipes with whatever I find.  I almost always realize when I am putting the groceries away some item or other that I should have gotten.  So far I have thought of only one thing that I wish I had gotten...so not bad...but it is only the first day of the two-week period before I go back to the store. When recipes come to mind that I can make with what I got, I'll be wishing that I had thought of that recipe while in the store!  We will survive and made do without.

Woody did a little planting this afternoon.  But it got too hot on the back patio when he was out there so he came in to take off his sweater and cool off.  Rarely do I hear him announce that he is too hot these days...so a red letter day?

Tonight's Coronavirus borrowed thought:

"We are all in the same storm, but not in the same boat."  (Unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay out of the main stream as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment