Saturday, May 16, 2020

How Does our Garden Grow?


Woody and I have just come in from checking out our patio garden...checking out how things are growing and doing a little watering.  The above photo shows oregano in front pot, eggplant in barrel, hibiscus and barrel behind hibiscus has parsley growing from seed.  So far things seem to be doing well.




Here's our red pepper plant...look at all the cute little baby peppers!


Today was grocery day for me because of the Montessori drive-by and Melany and Erin's visit yesterday.  That always wears me out.  After I got things put away and ate some lunch, I took a nap!

Woody worked two hard crossword puzzles. He said that the Saturday puzzles are alwys harder than the weekday ones.  He has done a little reading and a lot of porch sitting.  It was a very pleasant day to sit out on the porch and watch the neighborhood goings on and the birds coming and going.  Georgia and Peaches joined him for part of the time.  The cats like our porch too...not sure if it the bird watching or a safe, sheltered place that they enjoy most!

One of my goals that I wanted to complete before everything opens back up was to have finished my yearly 52 books read goal for this year.  I met that goal two days ago...so now all I read gets me beyond that goal...and, even if I don't read any more (doubt that will happen!) I will have read at least one book a week when the end of the year comes!  Something checked off my to-do list during this pandemic!

Today's borrowed Coronavirus thought:

If 2020 is telling us anything...it's telling us to enjoy the moments we have and don't take any day, anything, or anyone for granted.

Stay Safe!
Stay Well!
Continue to be cautious even though most everything is opening backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment