Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday: A Day of Accomplishments








This morning I decided that today was the day to get my quilted wall hanging up on the wall in the kitchen.  I will say that it was very easy using Command Strips...just the lightweight ones that are used for posters.  I thought that they should work since the wall hanging is quite light.  It is finally finished and up and I am pleased with it.  After that I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, got a load of wash going, went outside and uncovered plants, and vacuumed the dining room and living room.  By that time I was ready to come upstairs and do some reading.  But instead I sat down at the laptop and decided to sort some photos.  The other day I decided that this "down time" that the shelter at home is giving us would be a good time to sort photos that I have taken so far this year.  So I sorted the photos from one of my four cameras!  A good job started.  So in the end I didn't get around to reading till after lunch.

Woody's main accomplishment is attempting to stay quiet and let his rib heal!  He has done a pretty good job of just staying in his recliner today doing crossword puzzles, watching some TV, and doing some reading and some "resting of his eyes."

I decided this afternoon that I would make some onion soup.  Earlier in the week Woody had mentioned that maybe onion soup would be good.  I looked around for recipes that could be adapted for his diet and found one for Italian Onion Soup and decided to give that a try.  He had that for supper along with an ear of corn.  I would have liked to have eaten some of the soup, but all I dared do was taste test it.  Ever since my gall bladder surgery...onions in concentrated amounts just don't like me...they can give me gall bladder pains so I pretty much avoid things like onion rings, onion soup, and raw onions.  But the couple of test tastes said that it tasted pretty good...different than French Onion...but good...and, Woody cleaned his plate...well, bowl!  I made my recipe for Mediterranean Tuna Salad for my supper...something that Woody can't have.  It tasted good too!  So supper is finished, the kitchen is cleaned up, shades are down, and lights are off...once again the kitchen is closed for the evening!

Tonight's Coronavirus borrowed thought...hope it gives you a smile!


"At the store there was an "X" on the floor by the register to stand on.
I've seen too many Road Runner cartoons to fall for that!"

Stay Safe!
Stay well!
Be cautious as "things" go back to normal in our society!  











No comments:

Post a Comment