Monday, May 18, 2020

Was I Seeing Things?


When I was walking next door last week to take pictures of the crew in their face masks...I took a double take when these bike riders rode past!  It took me a minute to realize what I was seeing so I didn't get a face-forward view!  These are definitely crazy times!!

Today has been a cooking day for me.  I had taken several days off from cooking and when I do that it means that leftovers disappear rather quickly leaving us with next to nothing in the refrigerator!  Today I had both ovens going at the same time...one roasting a chicken and the other roasting sweet red peppers.  The peppers are ready to be made into red pepper sauce (Woody's "catsup").  The chicken has been sliced and diced and part put in the freezer and the rest in the refrigerator.  I made gravy...so hot chicken sandwiches were the fare for tonight's meal.  I'll make the sauce tomorrow so Woody can have sandwiches with some of the rest.  The chicken carcus is in the refrigerator ready to be out in the pot tomorrow to make some more "liquid gold" aka chicken stock.  The dishwasher is going...the things that don't go in the dishwasher are washed...and...the kitchen is closed for the evening!

Yesterday I made a cake to have with strawberries that I bought when I shopped on Saturday. So Woody is happy to have dessert.  I do like my KitchenAid mixer when I mix up a cake...making this one from scratch was almost as easy as making one from a mix.  And, I like the way my new oven bakes a cake.  Win-win!

Woody ran some errands this afternoon before he picked up his friend to take him to a doctor appointment here in town.  So we both have been busy today and are both ready to put up our feet and relax this evening.

Tonight's borrowed Coronavirus thought:

"So in retrospect, in 2015, not a single person got the answer right to: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?" (Unknown)

Stay Safe!
Stay Well!
Be cautious as you enter into the "new normal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment