Friday, May 29, 2020

Busy Friday

It's been a really busy day for both of us.  Woody left before 7am to take his friend to Franklin, TN for a doctor appointment.  He didn't return till early afternoon.  While he was gone his nephrologist's office called to say that they didn't get what they needed for labs from oncology.  We ended up rescheduling the appointment so he can get the lab work done on Monday.

I got up and got busy cleaning.  I dry mopped the downstairs floors that aren't carpeted.  And, also ran the long handled wooly duster around the floor edges and ceiling in the sun porch and laundry room...some spiders were trying to take up residence.  I got the old dust mop out and did the same to the front porch...trying to make it more inviting to sit out there.  My other main task of the day was as I put a load of my laundry away, I moved fall/winter to a different closet and spring/summer into my closet.  My closet had become a mix of both since our weather has gone back and forth between cool and warm lately.  I think that warm is mainly on the horizon.  I rested for a while this afternoon and read, before I tackled our supper.  I made a chicken pot pie which turned out very well again...it is definitely a keeper recipe...one to be put in our recipe rotation.  I've got this one adapted so it works even for all Woody's dietary restrictions.  I'm always looking for recipes that fit that bill!

Woody sat on the front porch for a while after he got home.  He read and watched the birds through binoculars he has borrowed from Nathan.  We are both ready to settle into our recliners and do as little as possible for the rest of the evening.

Be safe!
Be well!
Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment