Thursday, February 18, 2021

After the Snow

We did get the snow predicted. It really came down for several hours and we probably got 3 or even 4 inches...made everything pretty and white. I missed getting to see the grandchildren having a grand time in the snow. Our birds were very happy that I filled all the feeders yesterday. They really flocked in today...many varieties. I just looked out the window and it is snowing again. It did get to and a little above freezing today so we did get a little meltig. The trees are no longer so heavy with ice. I did hear branches fall a couple of times today. I think that it looks like we may have a small tree down in the back yard. But so far we have managed to have the power stay on. Several of my friends have not been so lucky...several are still "camping out" at hotels here in town. Others have generators and/or fireplaces and have managed to stay warm. And, some power has gone off and on and off and...I'm just thankful that ours has stayed on and we haven't had to resort to manual dialysis. Woody had his telemed doctor appointment. His team seemed pleased with his lab results. They continue to trend in a positive direction. Dr. O talked to him from his car. He was at the hospital due to so many patients going there when they couldn't get to dialysis at the center due to the weather. The nurse pointed out another positive of having at-home dialysis...don't have to leave home in bad weather. I then said, yes, but we still had to worry about power going out and she said that we had manual dialysis to tall back on. I said that what concerned me was having power go out in the middle of dialysis. She said "just drain and begin again! Glad that we haven't had to resort to that...yet...Anyway, it is an interesting world with what tech can do...today we had an appointment with 5 different people...4 at the same time...only one was in a clinic setting, two were in their homes, and the doctor was in his car...and, of course we were at home. One thing I noticed was that I had trouble recocnizing the members of his team...after we "hung up" from our appointment, I realized that it was because I had never seen all of any of their faces before. We started all this during Covid so we have always worn masks. The ony one on the team that I recognized was the doctor and we have known him for years. Woody will have to go into the kidney center some time next week to get his shot that helps to keep him from being so anemic. Unusual for Tullahoma, but the city schools have been out of school all week...one day for Presidents' Day and the rest were "snow days.". Tullahoma doesn't let out as easily as the surrounding county schools because it has no school buses. It still seems strange to have a second reason to be "safer at home!". I still feel like I am in a bubble within a bubble...haven't felt like doing much today so just haven't! After all it is a snow day! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious. I'm still hearing of friends who have Covid...one is in the local hospital with double pneumonia and on oxygen...younger than me (meaning that she isn't in her 70's) Another friend told me that her brother-in-law has Covid and is in ICU in AZ. Cases seem to be going down some, but still not down enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment