Friday, February 12, 2021

More News Shared!

This morning we got a call from Nathan saying that he and Joy wanted to stop by...that Joy had something to tell us. This time I guessed before they got here. Just after Joy turned 15 (5 months ago), I told her to be sure to let us know when she got her driving permit...so that was my guess. Woody continued to guess "his guess:" that she wanted to tell us she has a date. I won this time. Joy had just gotten her driver's permit. She drove for the first time on a "real" road after she left our house. She drove from our house to her house. Exciting growing up time in sweet Joy's life! A little after they left I was putting some things away in the pantry and noticed someone walk past our window. It ended up being a friend and also Nathan and Kathy's realator. He was hoping that we still had a key to their house (next door)...the lock box had frozen shut and he couldn't get in the house and had an appointment to show it. So I guess it was good that we had a key still. He brought it back. I think that he wants us to have one in case something like this happens again! Vanderbilt made two robo calls, again, today wanting us to make appointments...which I have already made the one we are going to make at this point. I wonder how many times they will call with those reminders. Soon we should be getting the phone reminders to go to the appointment that they are telling us to make! This afternoon after I got Woody's dialysis treatment going, I decided that I wanted to cross stitch. I am getting closer to finishing the sampler that I am working on and I want to go on and get it finished as tomorrow was supposed to be the day that some new linen, that I plan to stitch my next needlework project on, was supposed to arrive in the mail. I was also waiting for a screen protector for my iPad. Well, they both came in this afternoon's mail. So now I really want to get my sampler finished so I can start my new cross stitch. I did put the screen. protector on and it went on very well...no bubbles. This is a screen protector that makes it seem like you are writing on paper when you use the Apple pencil. And, it does that...I still haven't gotten used to the rougher feel when I use my fingers on the screen...but it is definitely easier to write on the screen. Before it was sort of like writing on ice. This is supposed to keep fingerprints off the screen and also cut down on glare. Time will tell as to how I like it, but pleased at the moment especially how easy it was to apply it to the screen. we have had supper and are now settling in for the evening until it is time to disconnect Woody from today's treatment. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious1

No comments:

Post a Comment