Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Busy Day

We have been busy dealing with lots of different medical details. Woody called TN Oncology this morning. They had to establish him as a new patient even though he has been a patient of theirs. New condition to be treated = New patient status. The one good thing is that they have him in their records and one of the needed items, a release form, is already on file. When they called him back, he got an appointment next week to meet with Dr. Eze. All that arranging happened while I was sitting on the front porch enjoying spring-like weather while talking with Ruth. We had a nice chat...good to catch up in person! I got Woody's dialysis treatment set up and then went to our pharmacy to pick up two prescriptions for Woody. I decided that while I was there I would ask our favorite pharmacist about a possible reaction to the Covid vaccine that I thought that I was having. Ten or more days after I had the vaccine, I got an itchy, red, warm to the touch oval around the area on my arm where they gave me the shot. I "googled" this symptom and found out that it was called: Covid Arm. I just went on and didn't think much more about it. Then my whole right arm started itching and then I realized that it was probably my psoriasis rearing its ugly head. When the pharmacist looked at my right arm (the one I got the vaccine in) and it is covered from back of hand up to upper arm with red bumps and my left hand and arm only have a couple of places on them, she felt like it was definitely a reaction to the vaccine...that it had triggered flare of this autoimmune disease. She gave me information to be able to report it, which I did this afternoon online. I also attempted to take a picture of my right arm...ever tried to take a picture of your right arm...not easy...just saying! The redness of my whole arm is less and it isn't quite so itchy today...maybe it is calming down? My other medical "business" today was to make another order for Woody's dialysis supplies. That monthly order seems to roll around really often. I got the supplies ordered and hopefully we figured them right. Woody didn't finish his dialysis till 2am this morning. I had hoped that he would try to sleep during his treatment last night, but he said that he didn't think that he could sleep. In the end I slept in a bit later than usual this morning. I'm afraid that I am going to be confused tomorrow...Donna and I just had our Wednesday "library chat." I'm wondering if tomorrow will feel like Wednesday or not! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! ok...I am laughing...just realized that today is Wednesday...guess I thiught it was Tuesday all day long! The doctor appointment yesterday must have thrown me off? Well, anyway that wikl be my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment