Monday, February 8, 2021

Monday Rolls Around...Again

It seems like everytime we turn around another Monday rolls around. Today was a cooking day for me. It was time to make something with the sourdough starter so I made waffles that I can put in the freezer and pull out when I feel like having them for breakfast. Our fridge was just about bare once again so that means that it is time to start cooking something again. I made a hamburger-hominy bake...leans toward Mexican in flavor. Even Woody said that it was good. While I was in the midst of making the casserole, the doorbell rang and I opened it to find Nathan, Kathy, Isaac and JOseph on the other side of the door. They came in and visited for a while. I visited while I continued to make our supper. After I got the casserole preparations done, I went upstairs to sit and stitch for a while. My little sampler is coming along. I added a sheep and some grass and some sky this afternoon. Yesterday I finished the house...now for the shepherdess and a tree and more sky and grass...I could say, "and I will be done," but that is lots of little x's so it will still be a while till it is done. To show how small the little x's are...it takes 40 of them in a line to measure an inch. I am thankful for a very good magnifying light! But I have discovered that I rarely wear my glasses when I stitch these days...but the magnifier is necessary...along with the light that it provides. Woody has had a quiet day...mainly sittig in his recliner, though he did fix his own breakfast and lunch and made it upstairs for a while to print his crossword puzzles and to check out email, baseball sites, etc. on the internet. Kathy just texted me with news that someone she knew from her BSF Bible study had passed away from Covid today...we're not out of the woods yet! So...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment