Monday, February 1, 2021

On Hold...Busy Signal...Systems Down

Our day started out with disconnecting Woody from his dialysis treatment...we will be back on disconnecting prior to going to bed...once again tonight. He has slept during the night despite his treatment these past two nights, but he still prefers having the treatment during the day and evening and sleeping without being tethered to the machine. After breakfast, I began trying to get a hold of the appointment making folk for Woody's surgeon...not an easy task. I got through, but was told that there would be a wait as all those making appointments were busy. I decided to hold. Well...I held and held and finally did get to speak to a person. This person took my name, his name and birthdate...then asked if he was a new patient. I said "no, been a patient for thirteen years.". She then told me that this was only for new patients...ok...this was the number we were told to call. She told me she would connect me to the correct person...so back on hold...well, I wasn't on hold long until a message came on that said that there was a problem with the system and to call back later...and connection was broken. I waited a while and tried again and at that point there was a message that their systems were down. This wasn't the surgeon's office, but Vanderbilt itself. Then I had to make a decision as to whether to make the other call that I had on "my list" to call today...our county's health department to see if we could get on the list for our covid vaccines. I wanted to have the appointment with the surgeon made first, but since I couldn't get through, I decided to go on and give the county health department a try. I learned Friday night that our county was lowering the age to 70 and above rather than 75 and above...reason I was giving it a try. I first got a busy signal...waited a few minutes and tried again and managed to get through to a human. I told her what I wanted and she asked out ages and she took our names and said to wait a minute and the next thing I knew she told me to be at the county fair grounds on Thursday for our vaccines and gave me a time! So...looks like we will be getting our first vaccines in just a few days. I expected to be put on a list...but won't complain. Not long after I got that appointment, I got a call from Vanderbilt and it was a scheduler for Woody's post op appointment! He had it all set up...but...not at the doctor's office in Franklin, but at Vandy. The surgeon had told Nathan that we could see him at either Franklin or Vanderbilt in Nashville. Franklin is closer and an easier drive...non interstate all the way. So I told the scheduler that we wanted it at his office in Franklin. The appointment that they had already set up was in Nashville. He said that he would have to call the doctor and set up a different appointment and he would call me back. while I was setting up, he called back...but when I attempted to answer there was no one there that I could hear...there is a chance I pushed something wrong as I had gloves on. But so far we have not heard back from him...maybe tomorrow. I checked the Vanderbilt app and there is an appointment set up, but in Nashville. I still hope that we can move it to Franklin. So a good portion of my day has been on the phone. And, I guess, we do have appointments for all that I set out to do this morning...just want to change one of them. I have worked on getting things back to normal in the living room. I had removed all of Christmas, but had not gotten all the "normal" things back downstairs and in place. As of tonight I have everything done except for a corner curio shelf...I've had it in the upstairs hall since I decorated for Christmas and it has all the decorative items on it. I'm working on getting all those things downstairs and then I will carry the shelf down...tomorrow! I did a LOT of lifting this afternoon, when I moved all the boxes of solution to the front of the living room from the far wall in thee iiving room. One type of solution I had used up from one of the deliveries so I needed to move the last delivery's solution into the spot where I keep the boxes that I am currently using. Next week is the next delivery so I decided to move it all forward so the back wall would be ready for the new boxes. I guess I moved, shifted, and/or carried 23 boxes that contain 10 liters of fluid each...each box weighs over 20 pounds. I was tempted to not do all of them today, but...I also knew that I might not be able to move them (or me) tomorrow! My back was none too happy with me when I finished. The heating. pad has helped! Woody has had another quiet day. He says that he doesn't have any pain. His incisions look good...no bandages...he is glued together. I think that he has taken a few extra naps the lasat couple of days since the surgery, but seems to feel fine. He slept in later this morning than usual...but perhaps he had awakened earlier and decided to go back to sleep since I hadn't shown up yet to disconnect him from his treatment. It has been a really cold blustery day. I only ventured out to take a bag of medical supplies to the trash can and then got the mail. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment