Monday, February 22, 2021

Back to the New Normal

Finally we were able to be out and about today after all the snow and ice of last week. I hadn't been to the grocery store in three weeks so that was at the top of my "to-do list" for today. I got Woody's dialysis treatment going and got him lunch (he wanted Arby's--not exactly on his list of "ok foods," but he follows his diet quite well that a slip once in a while is okay. After I delivered his lunch, I headed to the Credit Union and then to Kroger. We needed quite a few things since it had been so long since I had been to the store. On my way to the store I got two "warning" messages from the car = "low gas" and "low air in a tire." We knew that we were going to have to get gas tomorrow before we headed off for Nashville, but were unaware of the low tire. After I got home from the store and had lugged in the grocery bags (quite a few!), I called Nathan to come to our rescue about the tire and since he was coming to air up the tire, I asked if he would get the gas too. He added in another job...wash the car...on his way back from getting gas, he called Kathy and had her get a car wash crew ready to wash off the car. The car had been a target of many, many, many birds...and they hit their target many, many, many times! It is so good to have it washed off. And, just think that it was warm enough to do it, though still not a balmy summer day temperature wise. Nathan said that none of the kids got wet! That seems like a miracle if they pulled that off without getting wet! All the groceries are put away. The car has gas, has been washed, and has correct air in all of the tires. So I guess that means we are good to go for tomorrow's appointment with Dr. Wyman, Woody's melanoma doctor, tomorrow afternoon. It shouldn't be a very long appointment since we are one of his first appointments of the day and the fact that there are no scans ordered or labs. I have a feeling that he will have labs done before we leave, but we will see. Maybe the labs the surgeon took will be enough, but I doubt it! We have had supper and my recliner is calling...haven't seen it since early this morning! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment