Thursday, February 25, 2021

Make Way for Ducklings

This morning I had to S.O.S. Nathan because Woody's walker needed some attention that we couldn't do on our own. On the back legs of the walker there are two little "skis" to help the legs move across floors easier. Well, Woody purs so muc pressure on the walker that sooner of later the walker legs cut down through the ski and you have to replace them. We had the replacement that we needed, but ended up not having the skill or wherewithall to do it. We just managed to break off the little plastic on the outside which made it hard to get ahold of the plastic that was up in the leg. Nathan managed to do it and once again Woody is "gliding (?) along with his walker! Nathan brought along Esther, Isaac and Joseph and Esther, Isaac, and Joseph brought along the newest and youngest of their managerie...four little ducklings. Isaac doesn't look very happy in the photo of the three of them and one of the ducklings...but he was acting happy so I'm guessing I just caught him between smiles! The three children ended up going across the street to show their friends the ducklings and to play a bit while we got Nathan to do a coupld of "sonny-do" jobs. He changed an overhead lightbulb for me and he raked some leaves for his daddy. They pulled away all too soon. I will never get used to them not just walking next door to go home. It was a beautiful morning. Woody and I sat on the font porch while they were here. So nice to feel Spring in the air! Woody got a call today from Dr. Holt, his surgeon who has removed tumors from his arm bone and repaired damage done by radiation to a leg bone. They were requesting an appointment with her. We explained that we had just been to see Dr. Wyman and that he indicated that he didn't feel it necessary to go to see her at this time. And, I told her that Woody was planning to get his treatments here in Tullaoma. She said that she would tell Dr. Holt and let her discuss this with Dr. Wyman. Now we will see if we hear back from her! Woody is well into today's dialysis treatment...just a couple more hours to go. I have a little more to do in the kithen and then I am ready to retreat to my recliner till it is time to disconnect him. I have been going through old cross stitch books...trying to figure out what I will stitch next...after all I need to at least think about the next stitch since I am more than half-way through what I am stitching now! Got to plan ahead...especially if I have to order linen to stitch it on. I found several things that I am considering. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (And, I do know that today is Thursday! It was so strange as to how late it was before I realized that it was Wednesday yesterday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment