Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Positively Wednesday

i know for positive that it is Wednesday. Why? Because Donna and I had our "library phone chat" this afternoon. We did discuss the library...just a little! For me the day after a doctor visit that takes us away from the house for quite a few hours is a down day...never seem to have much energy to do a whole lot the next day! I did make a big batch of high protein pancakes for Woody this morning. And, then this afternoon I made breakfast sausage. So Woody is set for breakfast for several days...at least! I just got the kitchen all cleaned up and the dishwasher loaded and running before I came upstairs to write the blog. We did get one Vanderbilt call today to schedule an appointment, but it was the follow-up appointment with the surgeon in May. So at this point we haven't heard about any other appointments. When I stepped out the door this afternoon to check the mail and to roll the garbage can back, I found a package on the doormat. It was the missing boxes of gloves from the order that was delivered yesterday. When I put away the supplies, I realized that they didn't sent the number of boxes of gloves that they said they would send. And, I knew that I couldnt get through the next month with the number I had...but that problem was solved without me even having to say anythiing! I like it when problems get solved with next to no effort! Woody has worked his crossword puzzles today and has done some reading and has also worked on a puzzle book that he got for Christmas. During my "down times" I worked some more on my Shepherdess Sampler. It's coming right along. The other night when I siad that there were 40 x's in every inch, that was incorrect, at least for most of this sampler, as I am stitching over two threads...so it is 20 little bit larger x's per inch. There is a little stitching over 1 thread and those I don't cross, but there are 40 little slanted stitches in an inch in that area. The shepherdess is finished except for her eyes and I have started stitching the tree. Now I am back working on filling in all the rest of the bottom area around the shepherdess with green for the grass...then it is the rest of the tree trunk, the leaves, two clouds, and then fill in the sky with blue stitches. I continue to enjoy working on this piece. For the most part it has been a very quiet day. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment