Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Busy Tuesday…For Me

The Fall and birthday gifts have arrived in AZ so now I can show you what I made for them...the little pillow decorations are a little more than 5-inches square...just the size to prop among the other Fall decorations they have. And the leaves can be sprinkled amidst their decorations, too. I want to make some of the leaves for us too...whether there will be time is the question...lots of possible things to do...problem? just not enough time to do them all. Woody slept later than usualso our day didnt get started as it usually does. I don't think that he slept all that well during the night, but when he finally dozed off he slept pretty soundly. After I got him disconnected from his dialysis cycler machine and had dressed his catheter site, I went to work to check his melanoma tumor. After I got yesterday's bandage off, I got it ready to rebandage it, but first took a picture so his nurse practitioner could see its present condition. She messaged back after seeing it to keep it dry and clean and that she wouod check it next week at Woody's next appointment to get the next injection in the tumor. So we will try. Hoping to start out the day and keep it going in the right direction, I asked Woody what he wanted to eat. He said that the only thing that sounded good was an Arby's roast beef sandwich. At the moment it seems that the best thing to do is to get him to eat something! So I headed out to grt him a roat beef samdwich...by this time it was very close to lunchtime. I think that he really enjoyed it. On my way home from Arby's I stopped at my sewing machine dealer's shop. I had them order a part for me and it had come in...so that was a quick in-and-out transaction. By that time, it was almost time to head to church to work in the library. Donna and I enjoyed visiting and catching up while we worked on processing books. We worked for a couple of hours and then headed home. I had two stops on the way home...the public library to return some books that Woody was finished with. I didn't even have to go in the library...just dropped the books into the book return slot. I made one last quick stop at a grocery store close to our house. Woody is wanting French toast instead of pancakes these days and I had run out of bread...so got some bread and a couple of other items and headed home. Just realized a few minutes ago that it is Tuesday and that I hadn't taken the garbage out. i got all the inside wastebaskets emptied and into the trash along with the recycle items...all are at the road now. I waited to take things out because it was supposed to rain today...so far nothing...if anything will bring rain it is all the cardboard boxes flattened and laying beside the curb...if they get wet I will figure that it is just the initial stage of them being recycled! I am hoping to either cross stitch or do a little sewing aftrr Woody's dialysis has started for the nightl. But I don't know...pretty tired at the moment! Have almost dozed off a couple of times while writing this...if makes no sense..that might be the reason! I'm almost afraid to say this as Woody has felt pretty good today...last night after saying that, he got to feeling really bad. But today has been much better...food is staying down and he hasn't rejected all food items...good sign. Time to get things set uo for his dialysis so the sooution can warm to body temperature. Tomorrow is another "no-appointment day! Sounds good! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious. Learned last nght one of Melany's classmates had died of Covid...51...just too young!

No comments:

Post a Comment