Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Jumped the Gun

Got my check-in with the doctor and had labs drawn...but I guess my sinus problem wasn't advanced enough to get any treatment. One thing good is that she knows that I'm having problems and if it sticks around too long or advances, I can let her know and she will prescribe some antibiotics without having to go back. She didn't want to do antibiotics at this point...just use Alegra (which I use daily) and Nasacort nasal spray that I use periodically. I still don't feel the greatest but will muddle along. My nasacort is low so I will pick up some more at WalMart when I make that shopping run. I found out that their small office in a town lots smaller than Tullahoma had been affected a lot by the Delta variant of Covid...at a point they were seeing 10 or more patients a week with it. Melany's friend from high school who died of Covid was one of her patients, though he wasn't treated by her. He ended up in a hospital in Nashville. She did say that at the moment the numbers are going down in Covid patients she is seeing. We have the Fresenius supply truck coming in the morning between 7 and 11am. Formerly we were the first on the delivery list, but since the supplies are coming from Knoxville now instead of Alabama, we haven't been first on the list. Woody drove me to my appointment. We barely got him off his machine before we needed to leave. He wasn't feeling the greatest and did get sick when we got back home..so perhaps wasn't the greatest idea to enlist him to drive me. Though he did volunteer as he enjoys the change of pace of being able to drive out of our area...change of scenery from his usual view from his recliner! Gives him something to do that isn't too physically demanding. Nathan, Esther, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph stopped by and raked and blew a few leaves and swept off our ramp. They visited with us for a little while after their labors. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment