Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Reaction Free

To this point, and it is more than 24 hours after he had his latest T-Vec injection, he has had no reaction...fever free, ache free, malaise free, etc. Whether this lack of reaction can be credited to early Tylenol intervention or if he just isn't going to have a reaction after the first...we will take it! I think Woody was surprised to be reaction free. He was able to go to both of his appointments today. We addressed the problem of too much solution being left in his peritoneum after his cycles are finished. It was decided that we will leave in the last fill until into the afternoon each day and then drain off that solution manually. I had hoped not to have to add in that step, but if it works and makes him more comfortable it will be worth it! The nurse stressed today that his dialysis is working so much better cleaning his blood since we added that extra solution. At his TN Oncology appointment Woody took it in his hands to address Keytruda with Dr. Eze at TN Oncology. Woody has developed a dry cough and he thinks that it is perhaps a side effect of Keytruda. He and the doctor discussed it briefly and it was decided that he would forego having Keytruda at least for a month. Keytruda is one of those imunotherapy drugs that can be stopped and then started up at a time on down the road...which Woody has already done. He took Keytruda some years back and went into remission so stopped. When it was found out that he had another melanoma diagnosis, he started up on Keytruda again. The doctor seemed to think that a cough wasn't a side effect of Keytruda, but if you look at the side effects cough is listed...along with lack of appetite and many others. I would be happy if his appetite came back at a little. He will go back in a little over a month and the doctor and Woody will look at how the month off has gone. I think that I got the side effects of all our trips/appointments...this afternoon I was good for nothing. I do feel a little better after taking a good nap. Last night I began the task of making spaghetti sauce. I divided up the tasks in the process...just browned the ground beef with onions, mushrooms, peppers, and garlic, drained the mixture and put it in the refrigerator until this evening when I completed the process of simmering the meat mixture with tomatoes, tomato paste, and herbs. Just finished cooking angel hair pasta and now I am ready for my supper. Woody has already had his supper protein shake. I am hoping that I will be able to tempt him with spaghetti at lunch tomorrow...but won't hold my breath that that will happen! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment