Monday, October 25, 2021

Muddled Through Monday

Woody and I both finished the same book this morning...Woody finished a bit before I did...he was reading a hard copy and I was reading an e-book. This is another book that Cheryl recommended shortly after she started reading it. I checked and she is still reading her copy. Woody finishing the book meant that I needed to make another trip to the public library. I did that right after lunch while he was draining from his extra dialysis fill. He has already gotten underway with one of them. I hope that he won't move along to quickly in it so he will have it to read tomorrow during our long wait at Vanderbilt. For some reason we have an even longer time until he can have his T-VEC injection. Probably a scheduling/appointment conflict with the timing. I know the scheduler pointed it out to me when he was making the appointments. Hope that there is a chance that it can be done sooner. He has labs scheduled at 10:15 and check-in at 11:15 with his PA, who does the injection and then she orders the medicine that has to thaw...that is usually an hour wait...but this time it is 2-1/2 hour wait till the time scheduled for the injection. And, the waiting room can be quite chilly due to vent placement...hard to dodge breezes! Woody is at Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. I'm sitting here in the dining room watching for his car to drive up so I can go out and get him to take him inside with the wheelchair. He waits till after prayer meeting to have his shake on Monday nights so will make that as soon as I get him settled in his chair. Then we should wait at least an hour after he eats to connect him...which can be a problem when it is a day we need to be up, disconnected, breakfast eaten and out the door by 8am. We need to get moving a little sooner than appointment time indicates as we need to stop and get gas before heading out of town. My head still hasn't cleared...still waiting patiently...maybe! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment