Saturday, October 30, 2021

Saturday

The main thing I did today was pick up our groceries at Kroger and then come home and put them away. I'm still not going to win any medals for speed in getting...or wanting to get things done around the house. I did make some macaroni and cheese today...just because I had been waning some...definitely not for Woody...I have never seen him eat macaroni and cheese...due to an experience of him having to eat it as a child and it making him sick. But every so often I want some so I make it just for me! I was in the process of cleaning up the kitchen when i came upstairs to blog. I will go down and get Woody set up and then finish in the kitchen. I am better, but still not feeling the greatest...haven't moved much beyond the initial impact of the first dose of prednisone. I slept a good part of the afternoon. Woody is watching the World Series. I forgot to share a serindipity that happened yesterday. One of my 2nd cousins got in touch with me via Facebook Messenger asking for my email...that he had some information and a question to ask that was too long for Messenger. He is one of my grandmother's sister's gradsons. He and his wife had been going through things and came across the family christening gown that their daughter, now 16, was the last to wear. They did not feel that it would be used in the future and he was giving me first right to refusal as my grandmother had made it 100 years ago (1921) for her sister's first child. I, of course, did not refuse! And, he will be sending it to me in the near future. I am so glad that I was in their radar to even think of me to pass it on to! Most of Cheryl's and my cousins are in the New England area so it would have been probably easier for him to pass it on to one of his cousins that he knows better. He lives in New York so would have to mail it to whatever cousin claimed it. He and I have been in communication about both his grandmothe's and my grandmother's handwork...thanks to Facebook...so glad we had been in touch. The reason he thought of me was that his mother had written a note and included it with the gown that it had been made by my grandmother and that she and her two sisters had worn the gown as well as grandchildren and greatgrandchildren. I am looking forward to getting my hands on the dress. It is in very good condition for being 100 years old. It is very simple, but quite a bit of hand work on the skirt and bodice. I'll take pictures once I have it in my hands! Well, off to get tonight's dialysis treatment set up! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment