Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday

Tonight's photo shows another of our garden Fall hangers-on...there are three more that haven't started to turn red yet. I'll let them continue to ripen on the plant as long as there aren't frosts in the weather predictions. I picked this one yesterday and brought it in the house and it has just about turned completely red now. We had no doctor appointments today, but we did get or make several medical calls. I made a call to Woody's dermatologist to change the appointment that he had this coming Monday...the problem with it was that it was at 8am and to get to an appointment that is an hour or so away by 8 just would have been pressing getting him off his dialysis machine in time. I got it moved to the next week and made it mid morning...much better. Not long after that my doctor's office called reporting on the labs that she took on Tuesday. A couple of them were high but she wrote those off as due to my body's extreme response to the Covid vaccine. I am to continue as I have been with meds and will see her in six months...sounds good to me! A little later in the day we got a call that I didn't get to the phone in time to answer...but a message was left...all that we needed. Woody's thyroid biopsy was benign and she wants to follow up in a year with another ultrasound and doctor visit. The last "medical" call was from Woody's supplementry insurance. They had mistakenly cut a check to him and were calling to appologize and to say that they had stopped payment, but the check had already been sent. "All" we need to do is shred or tear up the check when it arrives! Computer glitch...oh, well! I continue to cough, sneeze and blow...ready for this to go away...but I will try to be patient. I have done a little around the house...mainly things that I can do without bend my head downward...so a lot didn't get done! I have managed to get a couple of loads of wash done and part put away...still have another load in the dryer drying that still needs to be put away tonight. I have read a little...my head doesn't feel like concentrating on cross stitching. I napped some this afternoon. Woody has been reading. He finished one book and started the one that I got him at the public library yesterday. He has watched some TV and done his crossword puzzles. And, that's the "exciting" life we lead these days! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment