Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Wednesday

The "main event" of the day happened early. The phone rang at 6:50am saying that were first on delivery list and he would be here in 10 minutes. Sure enough the delivery truck pulled up in front of our house at 7am. He rolled in four full dollies and got the boxes all stacked up in the living room, had me sign some paperwork, and he was off by 7:20...very efficient! Because I got up early due to the delivery, I already had Woody disconnected from his treatment. The delivery man stacks up all the solution boxes for me. But there are other supplies that I have to unbox and put away...I got those all unpacked and put away sometime mid morning. I had a kitchen task underway that took my attention before the putting away of supplies. I decided last night that I would make sour dough English muffins this morning...which means that I start the process the night before as part needs to sit out at room temperature over night. The last week I have been trying to revive my sourdough starter and it had gotten to the point of being active once again. I had made sourdough waffles over the weekend...those don't need active starter so I could use some of the starter before feeding it again. I am still using the starter that Melany and Wade gave me in March of 2020 (just before "safer at home" began). I keep some of the starter in the refrigerator in case I neglect the starter that I keep on the counter all the time. So between some of the starter in the refrigerator and what was on the counter and feeding it daily, I got it going again. Now to decide what to bake next with it. I enjoyed an English muffin for breakfast for a change. I don't think that I had made them since before Cheryl and Rachel were here for Alex and Brooke's wedding. Time just doesn't seem to be in my favor to bake bread very often these days. After the early delivery, we had the rest of the day to ourselves. Woody mentioned the other day that he takes up a good part of the day these days...which is true now that we have a manual drain to do sometime in the day. I have been trying to do the drain before lunch so his stomach isn't crowded with fluid around it. That way he can eat two meals, lunch and supper, without feeling so full before he even puts a bite in his mouth! Tomorrow we will head to Fresenius Kidney Center for an appointment with some of his "team" and with Dr. O. We have a few questions for Dr. O and the nurse. It's about time to connect him to his treatment for tonight...not many hours between disconnecting, draining, and reconnecting! It is just about a full time job! I'm still not feeling the greatest...but can't say that I am feeling worse...so that is good...I think! I've rested whenever there is a break in the diaysis schedule. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment