Friday, October 15, 2021

Guessing There is a Fly-In in Tullahoma This Weekend

So I looked it up and sure enough: Wednesday - Saturday, Oct 13-16, 2021 Beech Party 2021, Tullahoma, TN...Tullahoma is the home of The Beechcraft Heritage Museum. When there is a fly-in we see many staggerwings in the sky. I went outside to take pictures of our lingering blooms and ended up pointing the camera heavenward! What I was really happy about...the camera had no trouble focusing on the planes overhead...something that it would have had before the send back to get its focus issue fixed...so good to have it focusing easily! Well, hope all the planes have landed, a rainstorm has just begun here with chance of thunderstorms. Last night I mentioned that I hoped to be able to stitch once I got upstairs...well...I forgot that it was grocery shopping night...time to put items in my grocery cart to pick up this morning. I got that task completed, but didn't feel much like stitching after accompishing that task. I do like shopping this way...nice to put things in my grocery cart while I am sitting in my recliner...I can easily go downstairs and check about what I need and check recipes. I arranged to pick up our groceries this morning between 10 and 11...worked like a charm. It was even easier this shopping time since I had an iPhone to communicate with them...I couldl tell them when I left the house, which I could do before, but after that I couldn't tell them that I had arrived because I no longer had internet. I then it was very hard to call on my old slide cell phone as the screen was so dark that I couldn't see numbers to dial...anyway this time all I had to punch were the words "I'm here" and then type what parking space I was in and soon a nice young lady came out and loaded my groceries up. This was the first time that I could tell them if I was okay with anything that they had to substitute...guess that is an smart phone capability. This time my substitutions had either been okayed or rejected and the order was ready to load into my trunk. I was home in less than 30 minutes from leaving the house. I got all the refrigerated and frozen things put away and then ran my next errands...to the library to get Woody a book. I decided that he would like the book that I am reading as an e-book and they had a hard copy at the library. Got that and then headed to a close-by grocery store as they had Boston Butt Pork roasts on for my favorite price of 99c. I grabbed one of those and got strawberry ice cream which Kroger was out of and headed back home to finish putting groceries away. I did all that in less time than it would have taken me to do the shopping myself at Kroger. Anyway, I am a fan of "pick-up grocery shopping!" I think that Woody is enjoying the book I got him. He has been reading everytime that I have looked in on him...he will probably finish before I do and I have been reading my e-copy for several days. I called the Fresenius nurse to get a couple of things straightened out in my mind about the changes in his dialysis...I "think" that I understand better now since he talked me through one of the steps again...we will see when I connect him this evening. I think Woody has had a pretty good day, of course, staying pretty much in his chair, but hasn't felt too bad. He did get sick early this morning, but since then he has felt fine. It is raining to beat the band at the moment and I think that thunderstorms are on their way so I will post this before there is a chance of electricity going out! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment