Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Another Day Done…Almost

Another day done and next to nothing done...except for dialysis! It was another smooth dialysis day. Tomorrow we have a day off from dialysis...except for...having to make a dialysate batch and go to Woody's nurse appointment at the Fresenius Dialysis Center. So no hooking up to a machine, but still have to do dialysis "things." Today we received a couple of boxes of supplies. We were running out of two kinds of syringes. I hated to have them order them since we are closing in on having to switch over to using Woody's graft. I have a feeling that we will be given a date for our training in learning how to do that. A nurse will come here to train us in using the graft access...oh, boy! I'm hoping that they are still too busy and that we will still have weeks doing it the way we are. I hate having to change routine/pattern of the way we are doing it now...just as it starts to make sense they will change the method on us. There are a lot less steps for setting up when we switch over and we won't be using a all the carious sizes of syringes like we are now. But I dread having to stick him with those BIG needles every time we do it...two needles oer treatment. They will be prescribing a numbing cream to apply to the area that I will be sticking so supposedly it won't hurt! The cream will be applied x amount of time prior to each treatment. Supposed to wrap that area with plastic wrap till it's numb and I can then stick him. Lots of eye rolls inserted in here! I can be thankful for full nurses' schedules that we have been able to continue on the way we have for this length of time...our time is running out...I'll bet. I did manage to finish a book during his dialysis time today and he finished his four crossword puzzles. After my afternoon nap, I gathered all the wastebaskets and got them emptied and into the outside garbage can. I had to knock down several boxes that we had emptied of supplies in the last few days and took them out to the curb for recycle pick up tomorrow morning. As you can see from toniht's photo that leaves are beginning to change in our neighborhood. I tried to capture the golden light tonight, but to hope to do a better job another day...though tomorrow may be cloudy and HOPEFULLY rainy,,,it is sooooooo dry here. It was a beautiful day temperature wise today and nice sunshine coming in the windows. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment